Thursday, May 17, 2012


What did I learn today?

Today’s God sighting – I was asked to caulk – I wanted to get out in the sun anyway so that was a good thing. I stopped my purging mode and went out. Asked Steve where the supplies were. “In the garage on the shelf”, well yes the gun was there but not the caulk. Found the caulk on the other side of the garage. OK let’s get the caulk in the gun somehow that worked out. Found my gardening clippers to cut off the end and assumed the caulk would come flowing out. NO! Go back to Steve, who is by the way up on the upper roof with paint brush in hand. “Steve why is this not working”. “Do you want me to come down?” well if he is asking - no. “Get a nail out of the shed” L Oh boy – why didn’t my man get this all together so I could just do it. Well in the dark shed can’t find the nails. Oh there they are on the other side. Well the nail doesn’t reach far enough into the tube. So I am now forced to take the gun apart again and read the directions something I pride myself in not having to do. So much for pride! There is a foil cover that needs to be pierced. So I look harder for a nail or some devise like a long screwdriver to fit into this small long hole. No luck. Why didn’t Steve get this ready for me? Thinking what do I have in the house, oh a skewer will be perfect. Now the phone is ringing and I need to answer it. It was Pastor Paul Randolph calling with good advice from Deb Satko on the process of filling out a scholarship form for Liz. Plus his Godly encouragement “God always comes through; He just keeps us on our knees”.

So why did it take me over 30 minutes to load a caulk gun, surly it was God’s timing. I would have missed the call and all of the blessings it brought. Well – had to journal this one as another aha moment and give praise and glory to the God who is perfectly on time.  Love Janine

2 comments:

  1. I was expecting a picture of the smoking gun....hummmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there and done that! I'll be praying for you to get some financial aid, ohhhhh the forrrrrmmmmmmmssssss!

    ReplyDelete